Assassins Secret Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our VC:MP/SA:MP death matching clan very own forums!

5 posters

Create server rules

3aTeeB
    AsS Clan Trial
    AsS Clan Trial

Create server rules Empty Create server rules

Post  3aTeeB Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 am

Hello,

I searched on our forum server rules, but did not find them. Only the forum rules.
    I suggest create a server rules.

Addition to the standard cheating as hp hacks, vehicle hacks, gravity hacks, speed hacks, there are a few rules from official servers:

Wall glitching: This is disallowed as this was clearly not intended as an original feature of Vice City. Some cases may be accidental where as others may be on purpose. Will result in a kick.

When using RPG: Both fast switching and glitching are disallowed. e.g. using RPG in close combat in a way that makes explosions not appear on your screen or bypass self-knockdown in any way, therefore ignoring the damage and knockback. Will result in a kick, then a temp-ban.

Staff / Player Impersonation:
    Players should not try to replicate the names of other players in purpose in order to impersonate either a member of staff or another player.

Firstly, impersonating a member of staff is not allowed. This could be a player using the name very similar of that to a member of staff. This could also include joining with a name such as "admin" or "administrator". It may also include a player telling other players that you are admin when you are not and threatening to ban them. This is considered "back seat moderation" which can result in a player being punished.

Death evading: Disallowed. This includes attempting to avoid getting killed - including but not limited to / q, / kill, pausing to desktop, crashing manually, client modifications or commands, or any server command. Will result in a kick, then a temp-ban.

Lag Related Issues: High Pings / Inconsistent Latency / Extremely Low Average FPS

If a player's ping is inconsistent e.g a lot of jitter and variation in end to end delay between the player and server occurs such as pings spiking with large ranges from 700ms and above this may cause a very bad lag warps and inconsistency in the player's sync. If the admin deems this as inadequate for others players on the server then the player may be told to fix their connection and kicked from the game.

What do you think about this?
    Lebowski
    Lebowski
    Administrator
    Administrator

Create server rules Empty Re: Create server rules

Post  Lebowski Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 am

If you type the command !rules in the game you get this:

Server Rule 1: Be Respectful!
    Server Rule 2: NO HACKING!
    Server Rule 3: NO MAP MODS FOR DM!
    Server Rule 4: NO SPAMMING!
    If someone pisses you off, see rule 1.

I will add:
    Server Rule 5: No Staff / Player Impersonation
    Server Rule 6: Lag Related Issues

I hate rules and I don't like admins that kick people without warning. This server was made so that we did NOT have to follow the rules of all the other servers. That's why we allow DB kills.
    Death Evade is not against the rules, it is just an ass hole move.
    The_Punisher
    The_Punisher

Post  The_Punisher Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 am

there is more of things have to be change
    Defy
    Defy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Defy Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 am

The last rule is debatable , since you can't really control your own connection.If , say , your internet is considered to be good in your country, the ping will be large if the server is being hosted thousands kilometers elsewhere,therefore.Don't forget that even some of our clan members doesn't have a very good computers to run the Vice City on and it's not like they can dig out a gold chest out of the Washington beach and upgrade their computers. Nevertheless , I'd like to point out that Even if you got the most powerful computer in the world , and let's say you are the neighbor of a guy who is hosting the lebowski server, you will still have to shoot in front to hit a moving player.

And Besides

I like this game cause you won't be able to get the headshot right away,unlike in those other first person shooters , where gamers do nothing but that. I like it cause the of the lag , the all missed shots and wasted clips adds a challenge and in exchange gives you experience , and increases your accuracy if I shall say so myself.

As for that rule with healing in fight and running away with commands , I mean come on , don't tell me that we don't do that ourselves sometimes and not feeling guilty about it in the process.
    Billy
    Billy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Billy Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Lebowski wrote:I will add:
    Server Rule 6: Lag Related Issues
    Well, and I think you don't need to add anything more, Mick.
    Lebowski wrote:I hate rules
    I hate them too. A lot.

Driveby? That's fun! Spawnkilling by using driveby? Even bigger fun. Spawnkilling by using Hunter? The biggest fun ever! I love that, and I don't give a damn, if people call me noob. Why should I care if my level of skills is not awesome? I have my friends here. Being surrounded by good people, having a good time and a good chat with them, and also being overwhelmed of nice emotions during the game is most important for me. If someone doesn't like driveby and spawnkilling, I'd recommend the person in question to find another server, which is full of rules! Precisely, the lack of all those damn rules makes Lebowski server so unique.

Anyone knows what is the meaning of the word "unique", but I simply couldn't stop myself, so I have quoted a few definitions below.

1. being the only one of a particular type; single; sole
    2. without equal or like; unparalleled
    3. very remarkable or unusual

Thank you for creating this server, and for the good effort, Mick!
    Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock
    3aTeeB
    AsS Clan Trial
    AsS Clan Trial

Post  3aTeeB Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Thank you for your answers. I respect your opinion. To be honest, I'm too do not like rules.

But I just want to say why I wrote some of them:

1. I do not understand when a player with good skills in a duel with you evades from death in the case when I kill him, using the /q or /kill
    he takes care of his stats ratio? lol, anyway I never be respect this guy, because I understand how he has reached a high ratio.

2. About lagg: I know that many have bad internet, and ping depends on the distance server from player, but some raised their ping caused intentionally or they had runnig TORRENT or FRAPS for high loss his level of packet of data or uses a proxy or VPN connections...

About drive-by, heli-kills and spawnkills: I'm not against, more I'm too very actively use drive-to and heli-kills. I was killed many times drive-by and heli-kills, it's not a problem for me, because I can always do the same thing ... Spawnkills, lol, if dude does not have enough brains to choose another skin and spawn elsewhere, then is it his problems...
    Lebowski
    Lebowski
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Lebowski Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:40 pm

These are the rules. I made them years ago.

Server Rule 1: Be Respectful!
    Server Rule 2: NO HACKING!
    Server Rule 3: NO MAP MODS FOR DM!
    Server Rule 4: NO SPAMMING!
    If someone pisses you off, see rule 1.

I hate talking about rules! Have fun in the server.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:10 pm