Assassins Secret Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our VC:MP/SA:MP death matching clan very own forums!

5 posters

Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan

Billy
    Billy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan Empty Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan

Post  Billy Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 am

Hello, my team-mates! I was thinking about something yesterday, and I have a suggestion. It's about when we have new candidates for our clan, and specially about voting. I say it, because I noticed, when we have new applications, some of the people which are registered here, but they are not clan members to say: "He is a nice person", or "He is a good friend and fighter", or "I would give him yes", or something like that. My concern is about who exactly should have rights for giving vote. Of course it doesn't mean, that others shouldn't say their opinion, or to discuss about new candidates. I decided to make this topic after Rana's application was accepted yesterday. I locked the topic about Rana's application, and I think, I've done the right thing. But let me explain to you. After Rana got those 6 "yes-es", I calculated all possible votes, which can be given to him, and I found these 6 positive votes were enough to be accepted, but I meant that only clan leaders, and ACTIVE full members can give vote, I don't deny. At present we have two inactive members, and I haven’t seen them for months. I consider it my duty, we should think wisely about these things.

Actually there is something else. Sometimes even some of the active members absent for a time, it could happen to anyone.

Like Maria has said, the [AsS_T] tag was created, because many earlier applications were denied.

I don't think, it's a big problem if someone is accepted without having more than half possible positive votes, but this rule should be applicable only if this candidate would be accepted as a trial member.
    But If someone is going to be accepted as a full member, then he/she should have majority in the positive votes.

The way for accepting trial members should be easier, that's the point. Of course there are some very special groups of players called "nabs", "noobs", or "newbies", etc., and if someone from those groups apply, his/her application should be denied immediately.

Because our requirements about accepting trial members are lower, that's why I think, that only clan leaders, and full members should vote if someone wants to join to the clan, with no matter what does the newest candidate wants: to be accepted as a trial, or as a full our member.

If the newest candidate become directly [AsS] member, then he should has rights for giving vote too, when the next application comes later.

In my opinion trial members shouldn't vote, untill they don't become full members. The right for voting should be deserved.

The point is, that we should decide, who exactly should have rights about voting:

Here are some draft rules below, which I suggest:

1. Clan leaders + ACTIVE only full members;

2. Clan leaders + ACTIVE and INACTIVE full members;

3. Clan leaders + ACTIVE and INACTIVE full members + trial members.

We should find which of these rules is the best resolution for our clan.

To be honest I prefer rule number 1, and let me tell you why. If someone is skilled enough, and if he/she is close to be accepted as a full member, but if he/she has taken 6 positive votes, I honestly think, we shouldn't follow the rule number 2. It would be a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, it's a game, and everyone is free to be inactive if it’s necessary, because anyone has duties, studies, etc. Life is life, and playing games is not the most important thing. I only want to say, that we shouldn't wait if someone is inactive for a long time, for his/her vote.

Probably my last words seem a bit of useless, because everyone knows, we have never waited to see what would inactive members say, lol. But I wrote all these things, because I want the rules about voting to be fixed, especially since we have trial members. For now the things are not very clear, about who should / shouldn't vote.

Anyway, we have enough full members, which are active. That means, if new players want to join to the clan, we will have enough votes, that their applications to be accepted or denied.

It's about our clan, guys.

Thank you for your attention!

Last edited by Billy on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Defy
    Defy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan Empty Re: Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan

Post  Defy Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 am

Good idea for this new rule of voting
    I would pick rule nr 1 if i could

Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan Empty Re: Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 pm

I prefer rule 1.
    Since it's a tough decision,only FULL members and leaders should vote,and only those who are active.I will be a bit of inactive too from now on,because I am not allowed to play VC:MP during the week,only on weekends,but I check the forum regularly,and I think I will be able to test the next "applicated" before his/her application gets accepted/denied.
    Billy
    Billy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Billy Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 am

Thank you, for giving your opinions, Defy, and Dr.Robotnik. By the way I was in thinking again today. Yesterday, during making these “draft rules”, somehow I was feeling, that I haven’t made them irreproachably. Time is necessary for making good rules, laws, etc.. Now I think, that a bit of changes should be done. What I mean? Although some of the the members are not active, they are FULL MEMBERS. Since they have been accepted as full members, that means they are skilled players. Well, here is my suggestion how “draft rules” should be changed:

All full members, including inactive should have rights for voting, because they are part of the clan, even if they are inactive for a time. (Practically this is a “draft rule number 2”, which I suggested yesterday) But…

When we should calculate votes, which are necessary, that some application to be accepted, or denied, the majority of positive/negative votes should be calculated even if those inactive full members haven’t given their votes, because like I said on my previous post, we can't wait too long.

But although some of our full members are inactive for a long time, it’s not impossible, that they would like to give their vote. In this case, their vote should be accepted as legitimate, and to be add during calculating the majority of the positive/negative votes.

As you can see, I have made a mix of “draft rules” 1 and 2. I think, with rule like that, we are going to show to our inactive full members, that we respect them and their opinion, if they have taken decision to vote. At the same time, that rule would allow us to accept, or deny applications, even if those our full members continue to be not active.

Because Juliza and ThePunisher are inactive for a long time, I think the chance, that they could give their vote for the new applications is low. But this is just for now, because no one can see what the future is. We shouldn’t forget them.

Defy, and Dr.Robotnik already gave their opinions, about my first suggestion. I don't think, they would be in disagreement, about these changes, which I suggested today. There is just a slight difference between yesterday's "draft rule number 1", which they marked as favorite, and my today's suggestion. It's because like I said, the chance those inactive full members to give their vote is lower, than the active, and practically we would follow yesterday's "draft rule number 1" for the most of the cases. But not always. They (inactive) should have the possibility for voting.

I think, this "slight difference" is exactly what we need.

Well, that is..

Good thing, we have that forum, and we can discuss..
    Hrvoje
    Hrvoje
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Hrvoje Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Rule NO 1! Because active menbers and leaders can test them and then vote YES/NO. Trial menber is not like full menber so i think that they shouldnt vote. Very Happy

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Yes,I agree that even those who are inactive and are full members should vote,without ignoring the opinions from the trainees.I have saw Juliza on the Pure DM server whitout the AsS tag,and I asked why she wasn't waring it,then she said she got kicked from the clan,and then I didn't know what to say,because I never seen a topic stating she was kicked from the clan or left it,and so she should be wearing the tag,anyways,Juliza violated the rule "Never play whitout the [AsS] tag,because you represent the clan".
    Hero
    Hero
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Hero Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm

ok as every one knows i am still a trainee
    neverthless i vote not to let trainees vote
    for me it is a motivation to get to a full ASS
    that is for me so Rock Rock Rock Rock
    Billy
    Billy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Billy Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:43 am

I made this topic two months ago, but later I realized it was useless. Practically those rules, which I suggested, (about voting, calculating the sum of majority of votes, etc..) can not be workable any time, and for each case. The reason: not all of our members vote, if there are new applications for membership (at present there are two new applications). They may don't have enough time for testing the newest candidates, or they can be busy with study, duties, etc. It seems, we have to take flexible decisions for accepting, or non-acceptance about each application for membership, not to follow some kind of "strong rules for voting" at all costs. Anyway, if we have too less votes during the voting, it may be not enough for accepting someone, though, but if that happens, then we will think what we will do.
    Rodrigo

Some suggestions about rights for voting, when we have new applications for joining the clan Empty jbdfjd

Post  Rodrigo Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:37 am

I do not know if I can give my opinion.
    But, if I could, pick a No. 1.
    Billy
    Billy
    AsS Clan Member
    AsS Clan Member

Post  Billy Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks, but this is not necessary Rodrigitxo. In the beginning, I wanted a "system for voting", because I thought it would be easier, when we have new applications for membership. But we can see, that even some of our active members absent sometimes for so long. How could they vote? Not all people are constantly here. I have to agree, I was in mistake. Actually with system like this, voting would get harder. Rules like these can not be workable here, because this is not a parliament. This is a forum for VCMP, and all of us are for fun here, voluntarily. Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am